Job Type: Fixed term for 4 months, which may be extended by mutual agreement.
Salary: £19,000.00 per year PRO RATA
Contract Length: 4 months
Due to significant growth in our business, we are now seeking to recruit a Research and Social Listening Assistant on a 4-month fixed term contract to provide support and additional capacity for our Digital Analysis and Research Team. In addition, there may be the opportunity for an extension at the end of four months, with the view to a potential offer for a permanent role.
This is a unique opportunity to deploy your research skills to monitor emerging trends and threats to children and young people online. Your role will be to collect, analyse and synthesise data from a range of sources.
This role would suit anyone who enjoys efficiently processing large data sets to effect positive change in a dynamic, diverse, and contemporary environment.
The INEQE Safeguarding Group is the largest company of its kind, specialising in safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the context of their access to technology and use of social media. As a Junior Research Assistant, you will have the opportunity to use your research skills to impact and support the work we do – to help make people safer.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Regular salary reviews are conducted and staff who meet our productivity targets are rewarded.
The successful candidate will be supplied with top-of-the-range equipment.
Our permanent full-time staff benefit from 28 days annual leave, which increases with service. The successful candidate will receive a pro-rata number for their fixed-term contract.
As an accredited training provider, a training budget is available to ensure that staff can undertake relevant training and development.
The Directors have developed a family environment within the business, and this ethos underpins our team spirit.
Our permanent team members enjoy the following benefits:
How to Apply
To apply, applicants MUST complete ALL of the following steps. You will need to visit the jobs section on our website (failing to do so will mean you are unlikely to follow the correct procedure):
- Send your current CV together with a covering letter explaining why you want to work at INEQE Safeguarding Group to [email protected].
- All candidates MUST submit a copy of our Equal Opportunities monitoring Form, which can be found on our website under jobs. Name the file with your first and last names only and send separately to [email protected]. The monitoring form is used solely to complete our annual return for the Equality Commission. Staff involved in the selection process will not have access to them.
- Applicants who do not comply with this may not be considered.
INEQE Safeguarding Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
INEQE Safeguarding Group are committed to ensuring that all children and young people are protected from harm and exploitation. This is especially so for children and young people who come into contact with our business.
Our culture is built upon a Safeguarding First approach in everything we do. As such, the company has a zero-tolerance approach to child abuse.
Our commitment extends to all staff, whether full or part-time and all associates with whom the company engage from time to time.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility, and therefore all staff are required to adhere to this commitment and strictly comply with our safeguarding and other relevant policies.
Any breach of this commitment will be treated as gross misconduct under our Code of Conduct.
Employees will be expected to:
- Read and be familiar with our policies and procedures.
- Be able to identify the signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Know who you should make reports to if you have concerns about a child or young person.
- To enable you to fulfil these commitments, the Company will provide relevant training. This will include but is not limited to Level 1 Safeguarding.
Whilst a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to being appointed, as the successful candidate will be part of our ‘Safer Schools’ programme, you will be required to undergo and pass enhanced vetting through AccessNI.
The AccessNI Code of Practice can be found at:
A copy of our Equality and Diversity Policy, which deals with ex-offenders can be made available on request.
INEQE has a policy on the Secure Handling, Use, Storage and Retention of Disclosure information. A copy of the policy is available to all applicants on request.
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Current Working Arrangements
The company are participating in the NI Smart: Asymptomatic Testing Programme with twice weekly Lateral Flow Testing made available for staff working in the office.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic screens at workstations
- Social distancing guidelines
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures
- Bachelor’s (preferred)