We are at an exciting moment in the story of the expansion of our company. With ambitious targets for our business, we are now seeking to hire a Training and Education Officer on a fixed term contract.
Full or Part-Time: Six-month Fixed Term Contract.
Line Manager: Training and Content Manager
Salary: £22,000 – £26,000 – Pro-Rata for part-time (depending on experience)
Hours: Full or Part-time hours will be considered
This is a great opportunity for those with a safeguarding, educational or teaching background (including newly qualified) to develop their experience in this contemporary and specialist safeguarding area.
Embedded in our Training and Content team, you will be responsible for creating and shaping our Safer Schools content and safeguarding products to ensure these are tailored to meet the needs of safeguarding professionals, teachers, parents, carers, and young people. You will be engaged in tasks ranging from creating new resources for our safeguarding apps, online educational hubs, and courses to aid us in the development of new online safety products. Your responsibilities will also include reviewing and updating existing content, such as classroom-based resources and lesson plans.
INEQE Safeguarding Group is the largest independent safeguarding company of its type in the UK and Ireland. Specialising in safeguarding children and adults at risk in the context of their lives, access to technology and use of social media.
Innovative and unique, INEQE is an ethical business formed in 2011 with a diverse staff team. With over 250 years combined experience, our culture is built upon a Safeguarding First approach in everything we do!
You will need to be a self-motivated team player with stacks of enthusiasm and a genuine passion for what we do; help make people safer. You will be required to take the lead of projects of work and complete tasks to a high standard, delivering on strict timescales while ensuring creative content is age appropriate, contemporary, credible and relevant.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Your main duties will include (but not limited to):
- Researching, writing, reviewing and updating relevant content for Safer Schools and our new safeguarding products.
- Initiating and creating schemes of work.
- Leading, creating and delivering on key project objectives and tasks.
- Creation and editing of scripts, multimedia presentations and podcasts.
- Dependent upon experience, advising on best practice teaching resources.
- Assisting in the development of classroom-based resources for Safer Schools.
- Preparing, inputting and updating a content calendar.
- Working pro-actively to collaborate across multiple teams in supporting the mission of the company.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and policies relating to data protection and confidentiality of information.
- Delivering presentations and /or product demonstrations / webinars to targeted audiences.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, timescales and deadlines.
- The effective prioritisation and organisation of work.
- Maintenance of digital filing systems and performance of all general administrative tasks as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties required by the line manager, Head of Service and Safer Schools and / or the Directors.
- Excellent writing skills, with a keen eye for detail and an understanding of digital media.
- Experience writing and creating engaging age-appropriate educational material and resources.
- Highly creative and innovative.
- Be able to work and thrive in a busy environment and deliver projects to strict deadlines.
- Must have an understanding of digital media. A self-motivated team player but happy to work on your own initiative.
- Can effectively organise and prioritise work.
- A high attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills (The company primarily uses Mac hardware and the Microsoft 365 suite).
- You care about making people safer.
- Ability to commute to office.
- Third Level Teaching or children’s /youth work qualification.
- Educational / Teaching background and or safeguarding experience.
- Experience working with children or young people and / or safeguarding experience in a paid or voluntary capacity e.g., in a charity, education or youth work environment.
- A good understanding of online platforms including gaming and social media platforms.
- A contemporary understanding of safeguarding in the context of the digital world.
Place of work: This is an office-based role at INEQE Safeguarding Group, Ocean House, 13 Edgewater Road Belfast, BT3 9JQ